Follow our Tips for family friendly holidays in Mykonos and enjoy this amazing island in Cyclades.
Families Should Know
- Siesta time in between 3-5 pm in Mykonos, and many stores might be closed during this time.
- Be prepared to pay a high price for sunbeds/ umbrellas, but even worse, you might see the sign “reserved” on some of them.
- Head to the beach early or very late so that you will not be disappointed.
Recommendations By Locals
- For frozen yogurt, go to Yogurt Berry (+30 2289 078588).
- Our favourite Greek souvlaki in Mykonos is Pontus (Οβελιστήριον ο Πόντος)
- For coffee, juices and snacks, go to ODE Mykonos; some locals might know as Palia Aigli.
- Mamalouka is the favourite Greek restaurant of the Greeks. There is a lovely garden too.
- Ftelia is a nice beach restaurant with sea views at Ftelia Beach.
- If you fancy meat, go to Uno Con Carne (steak house /oyster house).
- If you find yourself near the airport, stop at Flora Supermarket. This is one of he trendiest supermarkets in Europe, and it even has a DJ!
- If you are a waterpark lover, go to “Watermania” near Elia.
- For horseback riding with professional riding instructors, there is a school located in Ano Mera.
Click here to find all about the things you muso do in Mykonos with your kids.