Children are the ‘kings’ when it comes to holiday booking
Guess who is the key influencer when it comes to the choice of a family holiday? If the first word that crossed your mind is parents you are wrong!
According to Thomas Cook research, Generation Z – people born from 2000 onwards – are the key influencers when it comes to family holiday destinations and activities.
Here are some key facts from the survey conducted among 2,000 respondents:
- 74% of parents say that ‘all‘ or ‘some‘ of the holiday they choose is influenced by their children.
- About 1 in 4 of parents say that their holiday is completely centred on their kids’ needs
- 49% of parents give their children equal weighting when it comes to holidays
- 1 in 5 children has booked a holiday themselves and a further 18% have helped book one
- A mere of 16% of parents feeling ‘selfish’ about breaks by booking the holidays they want and making their children fit around those plans
- Just 5% of parents prefer to go away without the kids
According to Dr Paul Redmond, who worked on the research with Thomas Cook, children are having a greater influence on holiday bookings due to their ‘confidence in travel and digital expertise‘,
Source: Thomas Cook Research (as published in Travel Mole, October 2014)
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!