Alianthos Family Suites, Chania
Alianthos Family Suites, meaning flower of the sea, is located in the quiet beach village of Tersanas, 13 km east of Chania.
These are spacious clean apartments overlooking lemon, orange and pomegranate trees, beautiful mature gardens and a huge pool combined with breath taking views of the sea and the White Mountains. This is the place to unwind and relax.
Your little fellows will enjoy the children’s pool and a fresh juice at the bar, as well as running around at the garden and the playground. You can admire the sunrise and sunset from the end of the gardens where there is also a diving platform that leads straight in to the sea. A short drive away there is the lovely sandy beach at Kalathas which is perfect for children. You will certainly go home feeling rested from this peaceful location.
If you wish to see an authentic side of Crete with the family you could try some of the various family-friendly tours and activities offered by Kids Love Greece. One idea would be to join a Family Food Tour in Chania and try various traditional Greek dishes! If you feel more adventurous and wish to discover an unknown side of Crete with the family, our Rural and Bygone Family Experience would be an ideal choice!
Families should know
- The hotel is a bit isolated which makes it a perfect place for relaxation but we recommend renting a car to get out and about
- The beach within walking from the hotel is not as nice as other local beaches, especially compared to Kalathas beach which is only a 5 minute drive away
- You may find the breakfast to be rather simple but location of the hotel and its surroundings will more than compensate
- Rent high quality baby and toddler equipment such as baby monitors, bottle & food warmers, bouncing chairs, play gyms, baby baths and travel cots through our partner My Baby in Greece
Kids will love
- Delicious fresh orange juice with oranges picked straight from the owner’s trees
- The kid’s pool
Parents will love
- The sunset over the bay
- The homely feeling thanks to the hospitality of Giorgos and Zina, the hotel staff
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!