The Athens Gate hotel
Renovated in 2007, the Athens Gate Hotel has 99 rooms and is located within walking distance of the Acropolis Museum, the Parthenon, Hadrian’s Arch and the Temple of Olympian Zeus. The Acropolis Metro stop, about 200 meters further away, will facilitate your exploration of Athens.
The rooftop restaurant is renowned for its panoramic views and serves a delicious breakfast with a great variety of choices (included in the room rate). Other meals are equally good: if you want an unforgettable evening overlooking ancient Athens, do not forget to make a reservation.
The staff are always smiley, friendly and willing to give you tips about activities and places to visit with your kids. Book two connecting rooms and enjoy guaranteed comfort for all.
Families should know
- The front rooms provide beautiful views, but are not absolute quiet
- Avoid rooms on the floor below the restaurant and near the elevator if you are looking for a quiet room
- The Wi-Fi is free throughout the hotel and rooms.
- If you have your own car, make sure you book a parking space as it can get booked up due to its limited capacity. However the price is a pleasant surprise given the central location
- Babysitting available upon request.
Kids will love
The views of the Temple of Olympian Zeus will take you back in time
Parents will love
- The location – just 100 metres from the New Acropolis Museum and 500 metres from the Acropolis
- The view from the roof garden
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!