Simple but modern hotel in the historic heart of Athens. Its central location makes it an ideal choice for families.
Renovated in 2007, the Athens Gate Hotel has 99 rooms and is located within walking distance of the Acropolis Museum, the Parthenon, Hadrian’s Arch and the Temple of Olympian Zeus. The Acropolis Metro stop, about 200 meters further away, will facilitate your exploration of Athens.
The rooftop restaurant is renowned for its panoramic views and serves a delicious breakfast with a great variety of choices (included in the room rate). Other meals are equally good: if you want an unforgettable evening overlooking ancient Athens, do not forget to make a reservation.
The staff are always smiley, friendly and willing to give you tips about activities and places to visit with your kids. Book two connecting rooms and enjoy guaranteed comfort for all.
Families should know
- The front rooms provide beautiful views, but are not absolute quiet
- Avoid rooms on the floor below the restaurant and near the elevator if you are looking for a quiet room
- The Wi-Fi is not free in the rooms but only in the reception and roof top areas
- The elevator is quite small
- If you have your own car, make sure you book a parking space as it can get booked up due to its limited capacity. However the price is a pleasant surprise given the central location
- Rent high quality baby and toddler equipment such as baby monitors, bottle & food warmers, bouncing chairs, play gyms, baby baths and travel cots through our partner My Baby in Greece
- Basement parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Doctor on call