The Athens Hilton is both modern and stylish and is a good representation of the famous hotel chain. With nearly 500 rooms it is a good option for those who want to be close to the city centre but don’t mind not being completely central.
The hotel is a good base for visiting various historical monuments. The National Gallery is only 500 metres away. The Concert Hall and the fashionable district of Kolonaki with its abundance of trendy shops are also very nearby. There is direct access from Eleftherios Venizelos airport (via the metro line).
The comfortable rooms that overlook the Acropolis, the three pools and the popular rooftop Galaxy Bar are all key features of the hotel. However, these amenities and luxuries do come with a high price tag and not all services are free for residents.
Families should know
- A bit disappointing in terms of value for money
- Drinks from the mini bar, room service, and breakfast are quite expensive
- The Wi-Fi is fast but comes with an extra charge
- The use of the indoor pool and the gym comes with an extra charge
- Don’t be in a rush to make a booking as quite often you’ll find very good last minute deals online
- Try to avoid being given a room on the floor underneath the roof garden bar as you might find it noisy
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!