Katoikia Gonia Family Villas, Rethymno, Crete
The village of Gonia is just 8 km from the city of Rethymno and the complex of Katoikia Gonia Family Villas is located on a quiet street.
The decor is austere and simple, with comfy spaces inside and outside the house. No need to bring any equipment with you as the villas of Katoikia Gonia Family Villas are fully equipped – from inflatable toys for the swimming pool to washing machine, laundry and drier including detergents.
The owners are very hospitable and a warm welcome is guaranteed. The villas have three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen and a living room and dining area. The verandas are ideal for relaxation throughout the day, whilst the swimming pool is suitable for carefree and refreshing splashing around.
If you are planning to spend more than a few days in Rethymno, a great idea would be to take a family tour in order to make the most of your time with the family. Kids Love Greece offers a wide range of tours and activities in Crete designed with families in mind! A great idea would be to join our Family Food Tour in Rethymno and taste various traditional Cretan dishes! For more active families our Rural and Bygone Family Experience might also sound appealing.
Families should know
- Definitely take your own car as there is no regular transport from the village to Rethymno
- The owners are responsible for cleaning. They also bring clean towels and sheets 1-2 times per week
- Some basic ingredients for breakfast are provided, but you will need to buy some supplies from the local supermarkets if you wish to eat full meals at the villa
- The villa is built on two floors; the kitchen, living room and bathroom are all located on the first floor; on the second floor there are three bedrooms and one extra bathroom
- The swimming pool’s depth is 1.5 meters throughout
Kids will love
- The swimming pool
- The garden and the large verandas for playing
Parents will love
- The comfort and facilities of the villa
- The simple and tasteful decor and beautiful architectural design
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!