Mikri Poli Crete
The hotel Mikri Poli (Little Town) is located in the village of Makris Gialos, approximately 20 km from Ierapetra. It is a truly 100% family friendly hotel as 224 out of the 253 rooms are set up specifically for families. It is panoramically constructed and spread out on a hill, right on top of a sandy clean beach.
All the rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. The hotel staff are well trained and always friendly. All restaurants offer a great variety of food with excellent quality. Don’t dismiss the all inclusive package, since all the services offered are hand picked. The only thing you should worry about is how to keep fit and not gain weight with all this delicious food available.
Families should know
- The hotel is spread out, so getting around might be tiring, especially if you carry equipment and kids. Make sure you do not forget anything whenever you leave the room to head for one of the swimming pools or the beach
- Try to make your reservation early, as availability can be limited
- If you do not mind the noise, make a reservation for a room at the same level as the swimming pool (number 400 and below). You will avoid a lot of up-hill walking
- Unfortunately in certain rooms there are no shampoos, shower gels etc available as you would expect at a 5-star hotel
- There are no lifeguards at the swimming pools in the hotel
- The towels at the swimming pool and the beach come with an extra charge (5€/towel).
- If you can, sit at the balcony in the central restaurant. The view is stunning and you will avoid the noise inside the restaurant
- If for work reasons you really need to use the internet, then think once again about booking at Mikri Poli hotel; the Wi-Fi connection is unreliable and the charge is 2.5€/hour (if you plan to use the internet for a longer period, it might be worth it pricewise to choose a longer duration package eg 15 hours costs 20€)
- If you feel you need some extra night entertainment, be aware that the nearest village has limited choices. Generally the area does not offer a lot of activities as it is quite far from the must-see monuments of Crete
- The spa services are a little overrated
- Rent high quality baby and toddler equipment such as baby monitors, bottle & food warmers, bouncing chairs, play gyms, baby baths and travel cots through our partner My Baby in Greece
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!