A Day at the Athens Riviera
This private Athens Riviera day trip from Athens is a must-do activity for families who love animals, the outdoors, ancient ruins and beautiful views. The tour includes turtles, natural wonders and mythology. Sit back and let our guide take you on a fully organized excursion with something to offer to everybody.
By private mini van, we will show you the highlights of the Athens Riviera, stop for plenty of photos and nature, and head to our final destination – the magnificent Temple of Poseidon.
Archelon Sea Turtle Protection Society
Your day trip starts at the Archelon Sea Turtle
Protecion Society of Greece. Kids will familiarize with the cute animals and have the chance to admire the work of the society in hosting and curing wounded Caretta Caretta sea turtles. It will be a great chance to raise their awareness on ecological issues and the values of volunteering.
Nature lovers will be stunned by our next stop at the Vouliagmeni area. We will visit Sage Hill where your family will enjoy amazing views over the bay and mountains. An excellent photo opportunity! After the typical Mediterranean scrub and wildlife at this part of Athens, we will visit the Vouliagmeni Lake. This natural one thousand year-old lake, surrounded by a pink rocks will impress the whole family. Vouliagmeni lake is created by a therapeutic hot spring with warm thermal waters and spa fish. The lake is a calm green oasis surrounded by mysterious caves and cliffs with green hills. A unique natural phenomenon that does not exist anywhere else in Greece.
The Temple of Poseidon
In the afternoon we will head to the archaeological site of the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounio, the southernmost tip of the Attica peninsula. Located on a mountain top overlooking the blue ocean, the impressive temple with ancient columns will captivate everyone. Explore the temple, the military walls, ancient roads and dwellings and listen to mysterious stories by our kid friendly English-speaking guide. The kids will have the chance to make some drawings inspired by the myths and ancient ruins, the landscape and the sea. As the sun begins to set, you will enjoy the magnificent sky changing color. The energy and sunset at the Temple of Poseidon is nature at its finest, we guarantee that you will love it!
Families should know
- This day trip combines a variety of activities throughout the day – No one will get bored!
- Fun and knowledgeable kid friendly English-speaking guide
- Includes: the guide, private mini van transfer, water, snacks, a small gift for the kids and all taxes
- Duration: 6 – 8 hours (depending on activities)
- It can be tailor made to any family needs i.e. we can include stop for a swim in an organize beach club or remote beach, or lunch/ dinner in a restaurant/ local tavern, or stop at Stavros Niarchos Center
Kids will love
- The easy access to the tanks and proximity to the sea turtles at the Sea Turtle Rescue Center
- The impressive cave at Lake Vouliagmeni
- Listening to stories from Greek mythology at the Temple of Poseidon
Parents will love
- Educating their kids about the sea turtles and the environment
- Walking up the Hill of the Sage with its impressive views
- The magical sunset at the Temple of Poseidon
Best season to visit
Share on Social Media