Did you know that the 5th century BC for Athens is being characterized as the ‘Golden Age of Pericles’? There are so many interesting facts for you and your children to discover via joining ‘A day in the life of an Ancient Athenian Private Family Guided Tour.
The name Pericles in Greek means ‘Surrounded by Glory’. According to Greek mythology, a few days before Pericles was born, his mother Agaristi, saw a dream in which instead of a child she born a lion. ‘Your child will become one of the greatest leaders of all ages and powerful like a lion…’, predicated the prophets. And this is exactly what happened in the case of Pericles.
‘A day in the life of an Ancient Athenian Private Family Guided Tour’ is an alternative family activity for all lovers of ancient Athens. It is an ideal way for your kids to learn everything about this ‘golden’ era and the concept of democracy, though various educational and at the same time fun games.
Someone from our collaborators, who is an expert in educational games specifically tailored for families, will accompany you along the way.
The revival of the ‘Ecclesia’ by family members is the highlight of this educational activity. The ‘Ecclesia’ was the principal assembly of the democracy in ancient Athens, which convened on the hill of the nymphs, Pnyka, close to the ancient Agora. The revival is multidimensional and includes theatrical games, narrative, creative art & craft activities, puzzle solving and various other fun activities for all family mebers.
So, are you ready to vote? Which of your family do you think will be nominated the winner?
This unique experience ends with a delicious, local delicacies picnic under the trees on the Hill of Pnyka.
Don’t worry if the weather doesn’t lend itself for outdoor activity the team will facilitate the activity indoors.
Families should know
- The duration of the activity is 2.5 – 3 hours
- Make sure that you wear comfortable shoes and take a hat and sun screen as well as a bottle of water
- The activity is available in Greek and English
- The games and narrative are designed for kids between the age of 4-12 years old
- The walk does not include a visit to the Acropolis
Kids will love
- The puzzles, storytelling and creative craft activities
- The picnic with local delicacies
Parents will love
- The revival of ‘Ecclesia’
- The alternative intercourse with ancient Greek history
Best season to visit
Share on Social Media