Andreas Papandreou Park
This urban park in the north suburbs of the city has very modern aesthetics combining stone, green and water. Andreas Papandreou Park covers an area of 10 acres and is located next to a bicycle park that has real life like road signs.
In the middle of the park is an inviting square and there are walking lanes. Canals with water are spread out in different zones all over the park. For young kids is a dedicated playground in a quiet corner. Older kids also have their own space with activities. There is an exciting hanging bridge, climbing ropes, a cobweb and a skate ramp.
The many green grassy areas are ideal for young kids to run around. You can also bring your bicycle inside the park.
Families should know
- There is not much shade in the play area
- The park closes just before sunset which is relatively early compared to other playgrounds
- The playground is designed for kids from 3+ years old. There are no special swings for kids younger than 3 years old
- The space is ample so try not to lose sight of your children
- There are not many swings
- There is no parking area at the park but it is relatively easy to find parking spaces in the surrounding streets
- Open from early in the morning until sunset & free entrance
- Rent baby & toddler equipment such as car seats, strollers and baby carriers through Baby Traveller, the new family equipment service provider in Greece
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!