Andreas Papandreou Park
If you happen to be in the area, Andreas Papandreou park is the best place for your kids to play surrounded by a nice environment.
This urban park in the north suburbs of the city, has very modern aesthetics with the coexistence of cement and green that dominate together with the water element. The park covers an area of 10 acres and is located next to Mortero park (40 acres in total).
In the middle of the park there is a square and walking lanes. Canals with water are spread out in different zones all over the park. There is a playground for younger kids and plenty of activities for older kids such as the drawbridge, the air routes with ropes, the cobweb and the skate ramp.
There are also enough green grassy areas for your kids to run around, play football and bike around.
Families should know
- There is not enough shade
- The park closes just before sunset which is relatively early compared to other playgrounds
- The playground is designed for kids from 3+ years old. There are no special swings for kids younger than 3 years old
- The space is ample so try not to lose sight of your children
- There is not enough green compared to other playgrounds due to the modern urban design of the park
- There is no parking area at the park but it is relatively easy to find parking spaces in the surrounding areas
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as car seats, strollers, baby carriers, trikes through our partner My Baby in Greece for relaxing walks with your baby at zoos, parks or playgrounds in Greece
There is a theatre and an area for outdoor exhibitions
Ethnikis Antistaseos & Odussea Androutsou, Nea Erythraia, Athens