Join our Christmas family food tour in Athens, and begin a festive stroll through the city. Passing by the lights and the Christmas shoppers, our guide will take you to the best bakeries, shops, and delicatessens. You will have the chance to sample traditional local fare such as sausages, cheese, and olives, as well as enjoying special Christmas treats!
Food plays an important role in Greek life, and especially so at Christmas. There are many Christmas delicacies made at this time of year, with the most famous being Melomakarona and Kourabiedes. These are two traditional types of cookies which are absolutely delicious, and smell wonderful. Many of the bakeries in the city make them, and our local food expert will take you to the best!
During the Christmas family food tour in Athens, you will also visit a themed cafe which the kids are sure to love. In fact, it looks a little like Santa’s House! It is a fun place to visit for drinks, a chat, and to take some memorable photographs. You will certainly remember Christmas time in Athens for many years to come after this unique food tour!
If you liked the sound of this Christmas family food tour in Athens, then you will love our Christmas Cookie Baking Workshop! If you would like to find out how to bake your own Christmas cookies, then take a look at our Christmas Baking Workshop here.
Families should know
- A fun way to get into the festive spirit in Athens
- A gentle walking tour that visits local shops, cafes, and bakeries
- Please inform us of any dietary restrictions
Kids will love
- Tasting all the different foods, especially the Christmas cookies!
- The ‘Santa’s House’ cafe!
Parents will love
- The fact that Christmas is much less commercialized than in some countries
- A chance to combine seasonal food with a walking tour of Athens
- Letting the guide take the lead!
Best season to visit
Share on Social Media