Family Evening Tour in Chania Stargazing Greek Gods and Stars at Night is a great way for the family to spend an unforgettable evening together. Over four hours, you can expect to learn about the constellations in the sky, how the ancient Greeks used the stars to predict events, listen to myths and legends thousands of years old, and enjoy a traditional Minoan meal.
Leaving from Chania in Crete, we will drive you up to a traditional Cretan village to the Sustainability Academy where the evening is hosted. With a glass of organic wine in your hand, you can join a local astronomer outside, who will show you how to view the stars through a telescope.
As you gaze up at the stars, they will explain how to identify the different constellations, and how they played a role in Greek Mythology. For some fun, the kids can start inventing their own constellations if they wish! In the village free from neon lights, the stars will never have seemed closer. If this is the first time your kids have used a telescope to stargaze, they will instantly love it!
The theme of the evening is based around how the stars and constellations were used in ancient times. This means that there will be plenty of stories told about the Greek Myths and Legends. If your kids have a favourite God from the Percy Jackson books, they may even be able to see them in the sky!
When the evening meal is ready, the conversation can continue about the night sky and the stars. The meal itself will be an authentic Cretan dish, normally cooked in ceramic pots just as it would have been in Minoan times. Using ingredients from local family-owned businesses and accompanied by organic wine, make sure to leave room for the mouthwatering dessert!
Family Evening Tour in Chania Stargazing Greek Gods and Stars at Night is perfect for the family who want to combine an evening of stargazing with authentic, local cuisine. On a clear night, the universe and all its infinite possibilities comes alive!
Families should know
- Family Evening Tour in Chania Greek Gods and Stars at Night is available as a group or private tour
- During this evening family tour you will discover how clear the night sky is when the neon lights from cities are far away
- You and your kids will be given the opportunity to use the telescope and look at the stars
- During Family Evening Tour in Chania Greek Gods and Stars at Night you will also get the chance to enjoy a fun and engaging family meal full of conversation
Kids will love
- Finding the constellations in the sky
- Using the telescope – perhaps for the first time!
- The fun stories about the Greek Gods
- How the constellations were named
- Receiving their own starmap!
Parents will love
- Sampling the local organic wine
- A special evening where everyone can share the same experience
Best season to visit
Share on Social Media