Join our Foodies Feast of Heraklion Family Food Tour and savour authentic Cretan dishes during a this family walking tour, which includes several culinary and delicious stops right in the heart of the local vibe.
We’ll start our Heraklion tour and savour Heraklion’s famous bougatsa, a must-taste for any visitor to the city. Bougatsa is a pastry consisting of semolina custard or cheese between layers of phyllo. Best of all, you’re going to taste the best ones in town, as the owners of this spot have been mastering their bougatsa technique since 1922!
We’ll then visit a local market to chat with vendors and learn all about their products. You’ll get to sample traditional pies and pastries, loukoumades ,kalitsounia, different kinds of honey, olives, rusks, cretan cheeses — and we’ll even teach you to how to maximise your enjoyment and appreciation of cheese. You will also get to know the famous herbs straight from Cretan mountains into a cozy herb place and under the guidance of the lovely owner, Sakis.
After all these tastings, we’ll then sit down for local dishes. If you’re brave enough for fried snails, you can sample a dish that’s loved by most locals! And of course you will accompany your meal with great local wine under the sounds of Greek music.
We’ll then finish up our Heraklion food tour by trying some local sea food at one most favourite places of locals, near the venetian port of Heraklion. This culinary experience could not be ended in a better way for all the family.
While in Heraklion besides the Foodies Feast of Heraklion Family Food Tour do not miss the opportunity to book a Private Family friendly Guided Tour to Knossos , an amazing experience for the whole family. Our application Kids Love Knossos is the ideal way to introduce your kids to the legends and myths of the great minoan civilization.
Families should know
- The duration is 4 hours and the starting time is 10.00 am
- What is included: Local English-speaking guide, food and beverage samples as indicated in the itinerary (coffee, rusks, olives, cheese, pastries, traditional sweets, local wine/spirit tasting, meats). The inclusions are more than enough that you can skip lunch!
- What is excluded: Additional food and drinks, items of a personal nature
- Please wear comfortable shoes for walking
- During the summer months, don’t forget your sunglasses!
- This tour can be customized to cater for dietary needs at your request. Please notify us if you have any allergies or other dietary requests
Kids will love
- Participating at a taste-game
- The delicious Bougatsa
Parents will love
- Experiencing real Cretan food at 8 authentic stops away from the tourist crowds
- Becoming a cheese–tasting expert by learning how to spot the best local chees
Best season to visit
Share on Social Media