Floisvos’ Park Playground
One of the biggest playgrounds' of Athens, literally just a breath away from the sea. The fresh air and the innovative game constructions, divided into zones depending on kids' age, are the playground's key advantages.
It is worth visiting Floisvos’ park just to see the way the playground is constructed. From the park’s 13 acres, half of them are covered by the playground which can host up to 1.400 children!
In the middle of the playground there is a huge construction of 1.000 square metres that has slides and various different levels. Ramps and stairs with triangular handles make it easier for children with disabilities to use it.
Apart from the classic games, the theme constructions such as castles, towers and ships are a must. The playground is divided into various different areas: one for games suitable for toddlers 2-5 years old, one for children up to 12 years old, an area for walking, an area for sports and outdoor fitness, mini soccer and basketball.
Furthermore, there is a canteen from where parents have the opportunity to oversee their children. Families could also enjoy the several different walking and cycling paths that are spread throughout the park.
Families should know
- During weekends the playground gets crowded and finding a parking space can be difficult
- You need to be careful if you have younger kids, because the games for younger kids have multiple exits and you have to ensure you supervise your kids at all times
- Considering the size of the park, there are relatively a few swings for toddlers (only eight) and another eight for older children. The same applies to the see saws
- The climbing game “Eiffel Tower” reaches a height of about twelve meters, so you need to keep your kids under close supervision
- There is not enough shade in the park. In fact there are only four benches in the whole park that offer shade
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as car seats, strollers, baby carriers, trikes through our partner My Baby in Greece for relaxing walks with your baby at zoos, parks or playgrounds in Greece
- Bikes and cars for kids are available for rent at the park
- Parking is next to the summer cinema and there are also some parking spots next to the marina
- The place is fenced
- The park has a wooden theatre with capacity for 80 people. Cultural events often take place there
- There is also a summer cinema, open during the summer period