The Natural Treasures of Crete Family Half Day Tour, is a unique opportunity to discover Cretan culture and sample locally made products in an academy designed to promote sustainability. During this half-day tour from Chania, your family can try cheese, smoked apaki, wine, and learn about local herbs used in food and medicine.
The people of Crete have existed in harmony with their environment for thousands of years. During this time, they have created many delicacies and foods unique to the island. On our Natural Treasures of Crete Family Half Day Tour, you will be able to sample the very best of the best, including different olive oils, cheeses, wine, and much more.
From Chania, we will drive you to a special academy in a traditional village, whose mission is to support local family-owned businesses to become sustainable and environmentally friendly. Here, you can try local products, learn the stories behind how they are produced, and why small family businesses are so important to life on Crete.
Tasting the products is a key element of the tour. We will have an expert show you how to best taste wine, and also how to tell the difference between good and bad olive oil. These will be accompanied by local breads and snacks, so make sure to go on this tour with a healthy appetite!
This trip to the sustainability academy will provide the whole family with an immersive learning experience. In addition to trying the local produce, you can also go on a scavenger hunt around the property in search of herbs that can be used in foods and medicines. In a world where everything seems to come pre-packaged, this hands-on activity is a lot of fun for the kids!
After a few hours of tasting treats, and picking up tips on how to live more sustainably, we will take you back to Chania. This trip is ideal for the family that wants to discover more of Cretan culture, sample local products, and learn practical tips for becoming more environmentally friendly.
Families should know
- During this Family Tour you will try local delicacies which are hard to find anywhere else
- The stories behind the products and family owned businesses will simply fascinate you and your kids
- You will all be given the opportunity to learn about how to live a more sustainable life
- Natural Treasures of Crete Family Half Day Tour is available as a group or private tour
Kids will love
- The scavenger hunt for herbs
- Making up herb mixes to take back home
- Learning about how the environment should be cared for
Parents will love
- Trying local wines
- Learning the reason why olive oil is called liquid gold
- Discovering the differences between good and bad olive oil
- The friendly approach to the whole day
Best season to visit
Share on Social Media