Playground at Georgiadis park
Furthermore, the specific park is the largest green area – 17 acres in total – within the city of Heraklion, a city unfortunately not that famous for its trees and greenery.
You need to be prepared not to have high expectations. When we talk about a park, you need to forget the parks you are used to in other European cities that are huge and full of green.
However, Georgiadis park has been transformed during the last years into a small urban oasis. The canteen within the park is really popular to local families. Kids can play, run around and bike while parents can enjoy a “green” escape so close to the city centre.
Families should know
- The playground is a bit far from the café. You need to constantly supervise your kids when at the playground, especially if they are toddlers
- During weekends the place gets crowded
- The slide is quite steep for toddlers
- Within the park, there are quite a lot stray dogs
- The public toilets are relatively clean since a lady is responsible for keeping them clean However, tipping is obligatory. Alternatively, you can use the toilets of the café
- There is no changing mat at the public toilets
- No parking. Parking is relatively hard in the area, especially during the morning hours
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as car seats, strollers, baby carriers, trikes through our partner My Baby in Greece for relaxing walks with your baby at zoos, parks or playgrounds in Greece
Kids will love
- The exotic birds that have found refuge at the trees of the park
- The carefree game
Parents will love
- The relaxing café in the park
- The shade of the trees and the dew
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!