Playground at Mikrasiaton Square
All the history of Rethymno in one square. Carefree games among various monuments, jewels of the city.
Mikrasiaton square is the new square of the old city of Rethymno. It is one of the biggest squares of the town located in the heart of the historical centre.
The square has particular cultural interest as it is surrounded by the most important buildings-monuments that have remained as historical reminders of the Venetian and Ottoman periods.
The heart of the city really beats here since Mikrasiaton square represents one of youngsters’ favourite spot for summer sallies. Furthermore many families also appreciate the square’s open space that offers their children the ability to play and have fun.
Families should know
- There is not enough shade, therefore when the temperature goes up, it is suggested that you avoid visiting the square when the sun is still burning
- The lack of green and trees is noted in such a large square
- You need to constantly supervise your kids, as the square gets crowded especially during the afternoon
- No parking space
- Trampolines are available only during the summer period
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as car seats, strollers, baby carriers, trikes through our partner My Baby in Greece for relaxing walks with your baby at zoos, parks or playgrounds in Greece
- Huge space for bikes, roller blades and football
- Trampolines for children of any age
- Visit: all year
Mirkasiaton Square, Rethymno