Public Garden of Chania
On the hottest days, the public garden is the best refuge within the town walls for both children and grown ups. The dense vegetation and the relaxed environment in combination with the beautiful café and activities for the kids come together to make for a great family outing.
Though designed in 1870, you will be impressed by its contemporary style. There is plenty of cool dewy shade, while pleasant spots with benches pop up all over the park, inviting tranquility and relaxation.
Your children will love the great choice of activities. They can play in the playground, make friends with the animals or feed the ducks. In addition, the lovely café is reason alone to visit.
Families should know
- The place is quite big, therefore your kids should be constantly supervised
- No parking. You might find it hard to park, but you’ll find the park worth the hassle
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as car seats, strollers, baby carriers, trikes through our partner My Baby in Greece for relaxing walks with your baby at zoos, parks or playgrounds in Greece
Kids will love
- The peacocks, the Kri-Kri and the duck pond
- The playground
Parents will love
- The café inside the garden and its history
- The absolute tranquility and relaxation of the garden
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!