Syggrou park is located between the municipalities of Kifisia and Marousi and covers an area of 950 acres. The park used to be the private garden of the Syggrou family estate and it now belongs to the Institute of Agricultural Studies.
Pines are dominant in the park, but you will also see firs, oak trees, almond trees, cypresses, olives and cultivated plants. Through all these are many paths for walking and biking. The park is huge and it is easy to get lost if you leave the paths through the forest. There are open areas too with picnic benches, space for kite flying and relaxing family games. Finally, there is an amphitheatre, a football field, basketball field and a volleyball court.
Do not forget to visit the chapel of St. Andrew next to the Syggrou family mansion. It is the only orthodox Gothic style chapel in Greece. Here you will also find art works and a pond with goldfish.
Families should know
- During hot summer days, it is best to visit the park either in the morning or in the afternoon
- There is drinking water available at the park
- No toilet or canteen in the park
- You should bring food, hats and sun cream especially during summer days
- It is easy to get lost
- The baskets at the basketball courts are not in good condition
- Avoid going to the park at night
- Some parts are not suitable for buggies
- Open from early in the morning until sunset
- Rent baby & toddler equipment such as car seats, strollers and baby carriers through Baby Traveller, the new family equipment service provider in Greece
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!
Biking with the kids every Sunday is a must during the weekends.
Dogs, kids and a ball and we are ready for Syggrou park.
The park is particularly clean and suitable for family picnics during sunny days.
I love sitting with my husband on the benches opposite the school while the kids play in the yard of the school and ride down the asphalt hill at full speed with their bikes.