Syggrou park is located between the municipalities of Kifisia and Marousi and covers an area of 950 acres. The park used to be the private garden of the Syggrou family estate and it now belongs to the Institute of Agricultural Studies.
Pines are dominant in the park, but you will also see firs, oak trees, almond trees, cypresses, olives and cultivated plants. Through all these are many paths for walking and biking. The park is huge and it is easy to get lost if you leave the paths through the forest. There are open areas too with picnic benches, space for kite flying and relaxing family games. Finally, there is an amphitheatre, a football field, basketball field and a volleyball court.
Do not forget to visit the chapel of St. Andrew next to the Syggrou family mansion. It is the only orthodox Gothic style chapel in Greece. Here you will also find art works and a pond with goldfish.
Families should know
- During hot summer days, it is best to visit the park either in the morning or in the afternoon
- There is drinking water available at the park
- No toilet or canteen in the park
- You should bring food, hats and sun cream especially during summer days
- It is easy to get lost
- The baskets at the basketball courts are not in good condition
- Avoid going to the park at night
- Some parts are not suitable for buggies
- Open from early in the morning until sunset
- Rent baby & toddler equipment such as car seats, strollers and baby carriers through Baby Traveller, the new family equipment service provider in Greece
Kids will love
- The turtles and the blackbirds in the park
- The football court for the older kids
Parents will love
- Combining a visit to Syggrou park with shopping in Kifisia
- The bike rides in the park
- The benches under the trees at the lower part of the park
Best season to visit
Share on Social Media