Syggrou park is an oasis located in the north suburbs of Athens, just beside Kifisia and Marousi. The park's lavish green and vastness fill visitors of any age with energy.
Syggrou park was a donation from Ifigeneia Syggrou. It is located between the municipality of Kifisia and Marousi that and covers an area of 950 acres. The park used to be the garden of Syggrou’s family villa and now it belongs to the Institute of Agricultural Studies.
Pines are dominant in the park, but you will also see firs, almond trees, cypresses, vineyards and other cultivated plants. It is a gated park, which adds to its safety for kids while there are various footpaths suitable for walking and biking. The park has football, basketball and volleyball courts as well as areas with benches suitable for relaxing.
Do not forget to visit the chapel of St. Andrew next to the mansion house as it is the only orthodox Gothic style temple in Greece.
Families should know
- During hot summer days, it is best to visit the park either in the morning or in the afternoon. Avoid visiting the park at noon
- There is drinking water available at the upper end of the park, but it is recommended to supply yourselves with water as the park is big and it might take some time to reach the spot where drinking water is available
- No toilet or canteen in the park
- You should bring food, hats and sun cream for the kids especially during summer days
- It is easy to get lost on your way back to the car if you park in the parking area next to Kifisias avenue, therefore make some marks in order to remember your way back
- The baskets at the 3 basketball courts are not in a perfect condition
- Avoid going to the park at nightfall
- Syggrou park hosts the experimental high school of Anavryta
- It is recommended that you avoid visiting the park during weekdays when school classes take place
- The dirt road is not suitable for buggies
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as car seats, strollers, baby carriers, trikes through our partner My Baby in Greece for relaxing walks with your baby at zoos, parks or playgrounds in Greece
- Drinking water is available at the upper end of the park in two places: next to the mansion house and in the yard of the experimental high school
- There is a parking area at the entrance from Kifisias avenue and next to the entrance from Melissia
- There is enough shade and places with benches at the park
- The park is gated which gives extra security for the parents
- Organised bike rides during the summer from “New Generation” Association
- The Institute of Agricultural Sciences (IGE/IAS) which is located at the park, organises usually at the beginning of September, various seminars such as Viticulture – Oenology, Floriculture, Aromatic and Medicinal Plants, Landscape Gardening etc. Eventhough the specific seminars do not refer to families, we thought it would be nice to mention them since they are quite innovative and interesting.