The Acropolis is one of the most impressive architectural landmarks of ancient history while the Parthenon represents the symbol of Greek civilization worldwide. Visiting these magnificent archaeological treasures is a great experience by its own but what would you say if you were given the opportunity to take one step forward and ‘open a real window to history’ with the help of modern technology? Sounds infeasible…? Trust us with this unique Acropolis 3D App, offered by our trusted partners, it is not!
With the use of a tablet, loaded with the monument’s augmented and virtual reality app, you will be able travel back in time and see the site in its primary shape. Imagine being with your kids at the Acropolis and having the ability to see all these marvelous temples and statues in 3D, colored and reconstructed? Sounds magical, right?
The technology applied on the tablets is a mixture of the real time camera’s video and many different virtual elements and information (sound, video, graphics or GPS data). By moving the table around, the user is able to see the exterior and interior of the temples as well as all the amazing statues, including among others the Golden Ivory statue of Athena Parthenos, colored and restored. Furthermore, the user is being given the opportunity to see in 3D the evolution of the secret rock of the Acropolis during the centuries.
The Acropolis 3D app is actually a virtual time traveling gadget that will make you feel you have become part of the glorious era of the Golden Age of Pericles. Needless to say that your kids will simply love this app! By touching the virtual doors they will find themselves inside the temples and visualize everything as they used to be during the 5th century BC. With the use of zoom in and out tools they will be able to view closely all the details of the monuments.
Combining the Acropolis 3D app with a private family guided tour is an ideal choice that will add to your family visit to the Acropolis a whole new, virtual reality, dimension!
Families should know
- Combining the Acropolis 3D app with a family guided tour is strongly recommended since it will maximize your visit to the archaeological site
- The tablets are available for rent to all visitors of the Acropolis
- You need to book your tablet(s) prior to your visit to the Acropolis
- A representative of our trusted partners will be waiting for you at the entrance of the archaeological site so as to hand you over the tablet(s) and collect them at the end of your visit
- The menu of the Acropolis 3D app is in English
- You are free to select the number of tablets you wish to book irrespective of the number of your family’s members
- The reconstruction of the temples and status is purely based on scientific studies and archaeological evidences and supervised by professors of the School of Classical Archaeology
Kids will love
- Experiencing a virtual time travel
- Being able to see the temples and statues as they used to be thousands of years ago
- Using their tablets to enter through virtual doors and hidden rooms
Parents will love
- Living their visit to the Acropolis up to the full
- Becoming a part of the glorious era of the Golden Age of Pericles
- Moving virtually inside the temples
Best season to visit
15€ per tablet
Share on Social Media