The Acropolis for families Group Tour
Welcome to the birthplace of democracy and the epitome of civilization, or should we say of tragedy and comedy, or maybe the place where Athina and Poseidon fought over its name. There are so many myths to unfold – just be patient as all will be revealed on the Acropolis Tour for families!
If there is one monument that must be seen in Athens it is the Acropolis, and we are sure you know why. We urge you not to miss this very important monument during your stay in Athens, and if you want a kid friendly twist we are more than happy to help you. All you need to do is join ‘The Acropolis for families Group Tour’.
Quick facts about ‘The Acropolis for families Group Tour’
In a narrative story telling way, the guide will combine the most important historical facts together with stories of Greek mythology so everyone will remain interested throughout the tour. Your little fellows will see ‘ancient ruins’ in front of their eyes and will begin to understand life in the Golden Era of Pericles.
Duration: 1.5 hours (including walking time of approx. 30mins)
The Tour – step by step
Our guide will pick you up from ‘FRESKO’ Yogurt Bar located at 3, Dionyssiou Areopagitou St., at the beginning of the pedestrian walk way that takes you from Hadrian’s Arch to the Acropolis by the ‘Alpha Bank’ at the junction of Amalia Ave. and Dionyssiou Areopagitou.
You will enter the Acropolis from the south slope in order to skip the crowds. Don’t worry about getting the entrance tickets as our guide will take care of them.
Walking up the Acropolis is an adventure on its own. Your kids will be fascinated to learn that tragedy actually started at the Dionysus Theatre, built in the 5th century and found at the beginning of the ascent. There were special celebrations dedicated to the god Dionysus – the God of Wine, who was half human half goat – and he was always followed by his beautiful nymphs.
The Propylae is the main entrance to the Acropolis and both the surrounding scenery and the gate itself are really impressive. The Acropolis has a lot of temples, most of which are dedicated to goddess Athina. However, did you know that the goddess has many attributes and each temple is dedicated to one of them? For example, there is one temple dedicated to Athina, Goddess of War, and another one dedicated to Athina, Goddess of Victory.
A hidden gem of ‘The Acropolis for families Group Tour’
Mythology and the Acropolis are strongly linked together which turns the guiding into narrative story telling. It may not be Disney World, but it certainly is Acropolis World! Whilst Mickey Mouse may not be present, Athina, Poseidon, Dias and all the other gods can easily be as fascinating for your kids.
If you are interested in booking this tour just press the booking button below and enjoy the tour :)
Families should know
- The meeting point is right at the beginning of the pedestrian walk way that takes you from Hadrian’s Arch to the Acropolis by the ‘Alpha Bank’, at the junction of Amalia Ave and Dionyssiou Areopagitou
- Upon request there is possibility for a Private Family Guided Tour to Acropolis and a Private Family Guided Tour to the Acropolis Museum
- If you visit the Acropolis during summer time make sure you bring some sun lotion as well suitable walking shoes for you and your children. We would also recommend you to bring hats also as the Acropolis has a lack of shade
- It would be wise to supply yourselves with water, juices and snacks – just to be on the safe side
- Please bear in mind that strollers are not allowed in Acropolis