Enjoy a special day with the family via joining ‘The Acropolis Museum for families Group Tour’!
The Acropolis museum is brand new and impressive for both its architecture and its interesting exhibits. Did you know that there are more than 4.000 artifacts in the museum? Most importantly they are all displayed in such a way that makes the tour of the museum really interesting.
The museum’s unique design has incorporated some excavations which are visible under stunning glass floors. At the same time daylight spreads throughout the museum. Also, let’s not forget the 360o amazing view from its rooftop.
Quick facts about ‘The Acropolis Museum for families Group Tour’
The guide will delight your kids with interesting myths as well as facts about ceremonies and daily life in ancient Athens. Believe us, your children will not be bored for a single moment!
Duration: 1 hour and 15 minutes (including walking time of approx. 25 minutes)
The Tour – step by step
The guide will be waiting for you with your tickets at the ticket office inside the building which is in front of the information desk. No queuing for you!
As you enter the museum you will see interesting exhibits including small objects that reveal a wealth of facts about the daily life and ceremonies of the ancient Athenians. As the tour progresses the displayed artifacts get more and more exciting.
Spend some time to admire the beautiful caryatids – these are columns that once adorned the Erechtheion Temple and take the form of young women.
Your little fellows will definitely be impressed by the unique pediment of the Parthenon. The guide will reveal the story of what it represents and historical battles between gods and humans will come to life in their imagination.
A hidden gem of this tour
Ancient Greeks liked to give the Goddess Athena many ‘qualities’. She is represented as the Goddess of Victory in some statues, or as the Goddess of War in others. Different temples are also devoted to the different ‘qualities’ attributed to her.
During the tour your little fellows can look out for the different forms of Goddess Athina as the wise goddess can achieve so many transformations – just to trick us!
What are you waiting for? Bring the whole family along to this wonderful tour. Just press the booking button below and enjoy :)
Families should know
- Upon request there is possibility for a Private Family Guided Tour to Acropolis and a Private Family Guided Tour to the Acropolis Museum
- There is a rooftop restaurant and cafeteria at the museum and it is highly recommended for a mini break following the tour
- Nearby Thissio also has plenty of cafeterias to enjoy a cold drink or grab a snack after the tour
- This tour is ideal for families travelling with babies who still want a good insight to the Acropolis but can’t make there as strollers are not allowed
Kids will love
- The fascinating battles which are represented at the pediment of the Erechteion
- Learning about the daily life of boys and girls in ancient Athens
Parents will love
- The 360 degree view from the rooftop
- The impressive architecture
- The caryatids, the caryatids … ah, and the caryatids
Best season to visit
- 29€ adults
- 23€ teenager-student
- 9€ child (6-12 years old)
- Free infant (0-5 years old)
- Ticket for Acropolis not included (price for ticket 12€ or 6€)
Share on Social Media