The Myths of Goddess Athena and especially the fascinating stories of the 12 Olympians is a fascinating subject for kids of all ages. Athena, patron of the city of Athens, is one of kids’ favorite goddesses. Even the story of her birth is simply enthralling. Did you know that Athena sprang full grown and clad in armor from Zeus’ forehead? She also carried a shield and a spear!
Besides being a great warrior, Athena’s personality was impressively multiple. She was the Goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, strategic warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill. One of her symbols is the owl which then became the symbol of wisdom.
An experienced theatrical educator facilitates this interactive workshop which will urge your kids to learn through play. Through various theatrical game techniques, representations of Athena on ancient pottery as well as flowery Greek mythology narratives, your kids will discover the fascinating nature of Athena and be inspired by her exceptional character.
Your kids will be totally thrilled when listening to the story of Gigantomachy, the great fight between the Olympian gods and the Giants. They will also learn about the contest for Athens between Athena and Poseidon via a creative puzzle game. Kids will definitely be amused by the role-play game related to Athena’s mythical birth and will be challenged during the loom weaving game!
The Myths of Goddess Athena workshop is specially tailored for kids between 5-10 years old. Parents, however, also find it really enjoyable.
Families should know
- The workshop is available on a daily basis from April to October
- It takes place in a friendly and serene place inside the National Gardens of Athens, where parents can relax while watching their kids play
- It is available in English and French
- It starts at 10:00 am and its duration is 1.5 hours. It could start on a different time on a private basis.
- It is highly recommended for kids between 5-10 years old
- It is run by an English or French speaking professional educator
- Materials for all games and activities are being provided
- Minimum number of participants: 2 kids
Kids will love
- Listening to the exciting story of the Gigantomachy
- Participating in the reenactment of Athena’s mythical birth
- Playing puzzle and loom weaving games inspired by the Greek mythology
Parents will love
- Offering their kids the opportunity to learn through play
- Being inspired by Athena’s figure and character
- Spending quality time with their kids
Best season to visit
25€ per child
Materials for all games and activities are included in the price
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Share on Social Media