The ‘Myths of Knossos’ is a theatrical act for parents and kids offering them the opportunity to travel back in time in the glorious era of the Minoan civilization. If you are planning to visit Crete and the Palace of Knossos, attending the show will help you gain further knowledge of this unique civilization and have a complete fun and educational experience that both you and your kids will simply love.
Greek mythology enraptures everyone irrespective of age! The tales of mythical creatures and terrible monsters fighting with brave heroes and heroines and the myths of the Olympian Gods and Goddesses with supernatural powers, ruling the ancient Greek world, have inspired some of the most famous Hollywood directors and fascinated spectators all over the world.
Among all these exciting stories, the myths surrounding Crete and the Palace of Knossos hold a prominent position. Who does not love the tale around the adventures of heroic Theseus fighting against the terrible Minotaur or the story of Daedalus and his son Icarus, trying to escape the Palace of Knossos with their wax wings?
A theatrical team of Cretan actors revive these two great myths and through their performance ‘Myths of Knossos’ simply fascinate young and older spectators. The act takes place in an amazing location really close to the Palace of Knossos, under the shadowy trees.
The show is delivered in English and its duration is approximately 1 hour. After the end of the performance all spectators are being offered a traditional treat with various Cretan delicacies accompanied by a shot of the famous Cretan raki!
The ‘Myths of Knossos’ is the perfect choice for families who wish to spend some quality time close to nature and combine fun and learning alike. Ideally this theatrical play could be combined with a family visit to the Palace of Knossos.
Families should know
- The performance takes place at a beautiful venue only a few minutes drive from the Palace of Knossos
- The play is only available in English
- The performance is scheduled for every Sunday at 12:00 (midday)
- A delicious treat with various traditional Cretan delicacies is being offered at the end of the show to all the spectators free of charge
- The price of the ticket is 10€ per adult. No entrance fee for kids, as long as they are accompanied by an adult
- Ideally ‘Myths of Knossos’ could be combined with a family guided tour to the Palace of Knossos and/or the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion
Kids will love
- Listening to the exciting myths of the Greek mythology
- Playing under the shadowy trees at the venue
Parents will love
- Gaining further insights on the Minoan civilization
- Enjoying a delicious Cretan traditional treat
Best season to visit
Adults: 10€ per persons
Children: FREE entrance
Share on Social Media