The statues and Zappeion Megaro (Zappeio's key building) take you back in time with some beautiful touches of the history and civilization of Athens.
Zappeio makes for an ideal family day out, walking around and just relaxing. Constructed in the 19th century, Zappeion Megaro was the first ever building used for the Olympic games.
In the gardens at Zappeio you can see statues such as the woodworker, the little harvester of D. Filippoti and the satyr of G.Dimitriadi.
The renovated playground will satisfy younger visitors with its variety of activities including a multipurpose play area, climbing frames, a slide, a balance beam, monkey bars and a roundabout. The playground also includes equipment for disabled children.
Families should know
- There is no canteen at the playground but you can buy a snack from Aigli café which is located quite close
- Aigli café is quite close to the playground but not close enough so as to sit and keep an eye on your children from there
- Parking is full during peak hours and certain days e.g. Saturday morning. The best solution is to make use of the metro
- The toilet at the playground is out of order
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as car seats, strollers, baby carriers, trikes through our partner My Baby in Greece for relaxing walks with your baby at zoos, parks or playgrounds in Greece
- Benches located in the playground
- Public toilet with disabled facilities (out of order at the moment)
- The central entrance has a ramp suitable for disabled people
- The playground is fenced and has a guard for extra security
- The playground has a rubberised surface so that children will not hurt themselves if they fall
- Sand – ideal for younger kids
- Parking area available as long as you enter from Vas. Olgas entrance. To make use of the parking you need to buy something from Aigli café
- Area with shade
During festivities certain events take place e.g. during Christmas there is a carousel and mini fun park and during Carnival entertainers dress up as cartoon heroes e.g. SpongeBob and SquarePants. Pony rides are available