Zappeio makes for an ideal family day out, walking around and just relaxing. Constructed in the 19th century, Zappeion Megaro was the first ever building used for the Olympic games.
In the gardens at Zappeio you can see statues such as the woodworker, the little harvester of D. Filippoti and the satyr of G.Dimitriadi.
The renovated playground will satisfy younger visitors with its variety of activities including a multipurpose play area, climbing frames, a slide, a balance beam, monkey bars and a roundabout. The playground also includes equipment for disabled children.
Families should know
- There is no canteen at the playground but you can buy a snack from Aigli café which is located quite close
- Aigli café is quite close to the playground but not close enough so as to sit and keep an eye on your children from there
- Parking is full during peak hours and certain days e.g. Saturday morning. The best solution is to make use of the metro
- The toilet at the playground is out of order
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as car seats, strollers, baby carriers, trikes through our partner My Baby in Greece for relaxing walks with your baby at zoos, parks or playgrounds in Greece
Kids will love
- The slide and the monkey bars in the playground
- Playing with the sand in the playground
Parents will love
- Wandering among the ancient columns
- The marble statue of the god Pana at the entrance
- The shade by the benches in the playground while enjoying your coffee from Aigli
Best season to visit
Share on Social Media