Ammoudara Beach is only 6km away east from the city of Agios Nikolaos. The beach is easily accessible since it is located right next to the main road that leads to Siteia and Ierapetra.
At Ammoudara, waters are shallow and the sea is usually calm due to its eastern orientation that protects it from the northwest wind. So relax and let your children enjoy the sea and sea shore. Ammoudara is a well-organised beach, awarded with a ‘Blue Flag’, that offers all the comforts a family might need. Put on your diving mask and get ready to take a cool dip in Ammoudara’s clear blue waters.
Families should know
- In July and August the beach is quite crowded especially over the weekends. If you wish to avoid the crowd we recommend you visit Ammoudara on a weekday
- There are quite a few taverns and restaurants close to the beach, but you might find them rather touristic
- There is another beach also called Ammoudara really close to Heraklion, so try not to get confused when it comes to directions
Kids will love
- Tumbling about in the water
- Playing with the sand
Parents will love
- The calm sea with the clear blue water
- The small taverns next to the beach
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!