Asteras Glyfadas Beach
The most well organised beach of Attica (really close to the centre) with white sunbeds and umbrellas. It is especially child friendly; it even has a water park with inflatable toys.
An endless sandy beach, just after Glyfada and next to the centre. A convenient solution if you are in Athens with your children and do not mind paying an entrance fee. Sand and shallow waters, sunbeds, umbrellas and endless activities for children e.g. fun park and water park with inflatable toys, water trampoline, catapults, volley ball in the water as well as beach volley and mini soccer at the beach.
In addition, there are 3 beach bars open from 9 in the morning. We strongly recommend Akanthus Summer (they have changing rooms and lockers for your personal stuff). If you feel like using a swimming pool, there is one available at Balux Beach Bar beach. Ready for a splash?
Families should know
- If your children are younger, we recommend that you make use of the beach. The swimming pool is more suitable for children 14+ years old
- It will get crowded during the weekends, especially in August
- The beach has an entrance fee and drinks and food are a bit expensive, therefore either have a higher budget in mind or supply yourselves with snacks, water and juices
- Changing rooms
- Games and sports for children
- The entrance to Balux Café at the beach includes use of the swimming pool, towels, sunbeds, umbrellas, free parking, changing rooms and lockers
Asteras Glyfadas Complex, 58 Posidonos Av., Asteras Glyfadas, Athens.