Blue Café Restaurant
A beautiful restaurant with a relaxing atmosphere. The dishes – although of limited variety – are delicious and distinctive.
- Tavern - Restaurant
Families should know
- If you visit The Blue Cafe in the afternoon or later, it is recommended that you take jackets with you for yourselves and the children as it gets chilly at night
- During weekends it might be noisier than on weekdays, as it is popular with locals.
- 2-5-year-olds will love the place. Parents should know however that it is not totally child-friendly as there are stairs in certain places and it is not fenced
- The cafe is separated from the beach by a small road that is relatively quiet. You still need to supervise your children though as they need to cross the road to come back and forth from the beach.
- The staff is not the quickest. However, their friendliness and the surroundings will compensate for this
- Massages are available in a separate area
- You will need a car to get to Lygaria. Choose the west exit of the Heraklion national road towards Chania – Rethymno. In approximately 20km follow the exit to Lygaria and take the uphill road towards the beach. Blue Cafe is located at the west end of the beach
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!