Heraklion Food & Drink
Parasties is located in the square of the Historical Museum of Crete and is one of those tavernas favoured by the locals. It is known for its wide variety of Cretan flavours and much more!
With its warm ambience, adults enjoy eating here while kids enjoy the sunshine as they play in the Museum square.
- If you are a meat lover, order the smoky pork chops, the veal chop and the wild boar. You can not go wrong with these dishes!
- If you fancy spicy food, the mezes Parasties is perfect
- The cretan omelette (sfougato) is a must. You have to try it!
- The best ending to your cretan feast comes at the end… Greek doughnuts (loukoumades) with ice cream from Anogeia (a traditional village)
Families should know
- The restaurant does not have highchairs or boosters
- If you have your own car, do not park in front of the restaurant as you are running the risk of getting clamped. You can park in various car parks in the surrounding area and then walk to Parasies. It will take approximately 5 minutes
- One side of the restaurant opens onto a main street; therefore it is advisable that kids are under adult supervision at all times
- Prices are on the high end but don’t let that put you off since it’s definitely worth it
- It is advisable that you book in advance for dinner
- Smoking is permitted
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece