Plateia Taverna, Mirthios
Plateia Taverna is the oldest in Mirthios, on the South coast of Crete. It offers some of the best food of the island along with a breath-taking view over the ocean to go with it. The famous home-cooked food in Plateia Taverna is served up in generous portions by an efficient and friendly team headed by the owner Frederikos Kalogerakis. If you can’t decide what you want to eat — a common problem in this delicious tavern — it’s possible to make your own finger food or meze platter from a selection on the menu!
- Tavern - Restaurant
Families should know
- Popular dishes are often finished by 9:00pm, and you may have to wait for a table
- Plateia is a 15-minute walk from Plakias up a steep hill through olive groves
- Limited parking is available next to Plateia or a bit further up the road (approximately 2-3 minutes’ walk back to the taverna)
- Children should be supervised: Plateia is situated on the main road
- Children’s portions are available, as are meze plates
- Fills up early in the summertime by people looking for front-row seats to the sunset—advisable to arrive between 6:30—7:00 for the best seats
- No reservations
Best season to visit
call before visiting
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!