Rethymnon Food & Drink
Rakodikeio is a traditional mezodopoleio (taverna specialising in meze) popular both with locals and with visitors to Rethymno.
Nestled in one of the most beautiful streets of the old city, Rakodikeio is the best place for testing your limits when it comes to Cretan raki drinking…while your children play safely on the pedestrianised street.
- The sympetheristiki salad
- The apaki and tomato balls
Families should know
- Until 19:00 home-cooked meals made by Fotoula are served, catering to all tastes (total of 15 different choices)
- If you visit the taverna later in the evening, you will find only Cretan snacks and of course plenty of Cretan raki
- The street where Rakodikeio is located is one of the busiest, so you should not leave your children unsupervised
- There is no space for parking particularly close to Rakodikeio. You need to use a car park located somewhere in the wider area, or use the car park by Fortezza fortress and then walk to Rakodikeio
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece
Pedestrianised street for children