Chania Food & Drink
Salavantes Taverna, Kalamaki Chanion
Salavantes Taverna is your best option if you want a traditional meal right on the beach.
Homemade food and authentic flavours, close to the main street in Kalamaki but away from the traffic, in a quiet place where you can relax and gaze out at the Mediterranean sea.
Families should know
- We recommend you avoid Sundays as it tends to get crowded with local families
- It’s tough to keep your children away from the beach as it is right in front of them. With a full stomach we are certain that this mission will become a Mission Impossible
- There are no sunbeds/ shades for rent right by the taverna, but if you need to you can rent some from the nearby cafeterias
- There are several steps at the entrance of the taverna that may be tricky for families with strollers
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece