Tyraki has a huge range of cheeses (at least 20 types).
Iakovos and Nicolas are open 24 hours and offer freshly made sandwiches, all with very creative fillings … the menu changes frequently as discovering new recipes is their favourite hobby.
- Something quick
Families should know
- All the vegetables used are organic
- Order graviera for your children, it is the most nutritious choice
- Do not look out for a sign. The shop is so small that it’s hard to spot. The only indication that this is Tyraki is a sign showing a piece of cheese hanging over the entrance
- Tyraki is located in the pedestrian area of the old city, beside the Minaret and the Conservatory of Rethymno
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!