Rethymnon Food & Drink
Do you suddenly feel your stomach rumbling? Are you in the old town of Rethymno? If you feel like having a snack, Tyraki is undoubtedly your best bet!
Tyraki has a huge range of cheeses (at least 20 types).
Iakovos and Nicolas are open 24 hours and offer freshly made sandwiches, all with very creative fillings … the menu changes frequently as discovering new recipes is their favourite hobby.
- Try the combination of cheese (graviera), smoked pork (apaki), tomato, mayonnaise and curry
- If you are vegetarian or just don’t want to eat meat that day, try the cheese (graviera) with fresh mushrooms, peppers and onions all sautéed in Cretan olive oil
Families should know
- All the vegetables used are organic
- Order graviera for your children, it is the most nutritious choice
- Do not look out for a sign. The shop is so small that it’s hard to spot. The only indication that this is Tyraki is a sign showing a piece of cheese hanging over the entrance
- Tyraki is located in the pedestrian area of the old city, beside the Minaret and the Conservatory of Rethymno
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece