Travel with Kids to Greece Forum

Greece Forum for Families
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Biking Tours in Mykonos

Hi! We will be visiting Mykonos with my family (4 people) soon. Our question for you is: Can we rent bikes? I've looked at it a little bit.  Seems like there is a lot to do.  No tours, I don't think.  We'd just ride around by ourselves.  Also, is that something we'd need to book right away?

We spoke to one of the bicycle places in Mykonos about availability since it is getting really busy over there at the moment.  

They need to know approximately a week before how big your group is and the time that you want to take the bikes. This is extremely important if some of the younger kids would like bicycles, as there is a limited number of smaller  bicycles. 

Here is a general fact about Mykonos. Mykonos is a very hilly island with steep slopes. So biking in Mykonos is not as easy as it sounds. There are some easier routes but these are not too easy. The shop can recommend some routes to you (once you go there) or alternatively you can do a private biking tour with a guide.

In case you decide to hire a private guide, let us know and we will able to organize a kid-friendly route biking tour with not very steep hills and lots of breaks. We will be able also to customize the stops as well as the duration.

They would also like to know well in advance the number of kids that need small-sized bikes (24" bikes and 26" bikes with XS and S frame size) as they are limited.