Travel with Kids to Greece Forum

Greece Forum for Families
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Crete or Zante With The Family?

We are about to visit Greece this summer with my family. Would you suggest Crete or Zante for a family with 3 kids (12, 7, 5 years old)?

That's a reasonable question! First of all, thank you for contacting us about your trip to Greece. We would love to help you plan a memorable vacation in Greece. 

To respond to your question, Zante versus Crete, I would say that Crete would be my number one choice since you have many more options in terms of what to do and where to go as well as more choices in terms of accommodation. The only thing you have to decide about Crete is whether you would like to stay on the west side (Chania), in the middle of the island (Heraklion), or on the east side (Lassithi-Plaka-Elounda). 

• The Chania side is more for those who would like to do day trips and explore the beautiful beaches. It is recommended that you rent a car there.
  • The Easy side is more about relaxation.
  • The middle is more about visiting the Palace of Knossos and doing some day trips on the west, east, and south. 

We do offer many activities in Crete for all types of travelers/ interests, see below. The first thing I suggest you do is check our website to find out the family activities in Crete that interest you, and we'll be more than happy to help you create a personalized trip to Greece.