Travel with Kids to Greece Forum

Greece Forum for Families
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Traveling Within Greece by Public Transport (Train, Bus, Metro) and Taxis?

What should we know if we want to travel within Greece by public transport (train, bus, metro) and taxis?

According to https://greecehealthfirst.gr/#quest4, you can travel within Greece by public transport as long as you wear a face mask.

Check here: Wearing face masks is mandatory in closed spaces and while using public transportation (train, bus, metro) and taxis. UPDATE: From June 28, masks are no longer mandatory in outdoor areas (exception: very crowded outdoor spaces).

Taxis: may carry up to three (3) passengers in addition to the driver, except when transporting family members. Wearing a mask is mandatory.

Do the mask wearing rules extend to fully vaccinated people?

Our Trip Planner Response has reacted to this post.
Our Trip Planner Response

Good question Olivier. Well, after some research I didn't find any differences as far as the rules for wearing masks are concerned. So even those who are fully vaccinated (14 days after second vaccination) , are required to wear a mask indoors. According to Greek Government, everyone must wear a mask in 1) ALL indoor areas such as airports, shopping malls, hospitals, grocery stores 2) transportation (busses, trains, planes) 3) indoor gatherings with unvaccinated people from different families 4) crowded outdoor areas (concerts, theaters, etc.). The ordinance on outdoor areas changed a few days ago and wearing a mask is no longer required for outdoor areas (unless it is a crowded area like sports venues, movie theaters, etc).

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.