ATHENS FOR FAMILIES: Private Shore Excursions
- Why book with us
- We are extremely focused on delivering excellent personal experiences. In contrast to group shore tours, our private tours offer a far more personalized and enjoyable experience
- We will make sure that you will be picked up and return on time to the ship by a private transfer service
- We will provide you with detailed information on how to easily find our local representative including where they will be standing, what sign they will be holding, their local telephone numbers and more
Athens for Families
OPTION 1: PRIVATE ATHENS HIGHLIGHTS FOR FAMILIES (WITH TRANSFER)
First Activity: The Awesome Acropolis Tour* (2 hours)
No trip to Athens is complete without a visit to the awesome Acropolis. This famous UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the most visited places in the whole of Europe and is not to be missed.
- On this fun, educational tour, you will learn all about the ancient Acropolis and its stunning landmarks, under the guidance of your family-friendly, state-licensed guide.
- There is so much to see on your visit: the Parthenon, the Theater of Dionysus, and the Erechtheion. (What is that? Your guide will fill you in on everything you need to know!)
- On the tour, you will be given iPads to use. This is a new “tour” tool that lets you imagine what the Acropolis looked like in ancient times. You will be able to see a full-color 3D reconstruction of the statues, buildings, and ancient objects from the 5th century BCE. Simply fantastic!
Lunch** Break in Plaka: free time
Second Activity: Minivan Tour – Amazing Athens Highlights (3.5 hours)
Are you ready to explore the amazing capital of Greece with your family? You will learn important information about all the city’s world-famous landmarks and play fun games along the way.
- Accompanied by your private driver and a local insider, you will take a guided tour of the city’s main sights. You will see the mighty Temple of Zeus, the marble Panathenaic Stadium, and the grand Hadrian’s Library. You will also explore bustling Plaka, secret Anafiotika, picturesque Thission, and other parts of this vibrant city.
- You won’t be entering any archaeological sites because the purpose of the activity is for you to get a snapshot of Athens. Get your smart phones and cameras ready to grab the best shots of this thrilling city.
- At the end of the tour, you will be given a special gift as a memento of your visit.
- Entrance tickets to the Acropolis
- Admission tickets to any places you might want to enter during the minivan tour (if time allows)
- Meals, drinks, or any other personal expenses
*On demand: you can add the Acropolis Museum or Ancient Agora
Duration: 7-8 hours including time for transportation
OPTION 2: PRIVATE ULTIMATE MYTHOLOGY TOUR IN ATHENS (WITH TRANSFER)
First Activity: The Awesome Acropolis* (2 hours)
Free time in Plaka: Shopping/ strolling around in Plaka
Second Activity: Mythical Athens Foodie Tour (3 hours)
Are you a lover of Greek food and Greek mythology? Then this tour is perfect for you because it combines both!
- You’ll be able to go off the beaten path and discover some of the city’s best-kept culinary secrets. You will also have the chance to sample more than 15 authentic Greek delicacies.
- A visit to the central food market is the perfect place to learn all about the connection between Greek food and Greek mythology as you explore local flavors.
- There will be enough food for lunch on the stops.
- If you have any allergies, food intolerances, or dietary restrictions, the tour is fully customizable to accommodate you.
- Entrance tickets to the Acropolis
- Personal expenses
*On demand: you can add the Acropolis Museum or Ancient AgoraDuration: 7-8 hours including time for transportation
OPTION 3: PRIVATE ATHENS FOR MYTHOLOGY FANS (WITH TRANSFER)
First Activity: The Awesome Acropolis and Acropolis Museum (4 hours)
For Acropolis see above
The Acropolis Museum is world famous for its modern design and glass-bottomed entrance built over ancient ruins. The incredible artifacts it houses were excavated nearby, giving you a great sense of the Golden Age of Athens and the wonders of ancient Greece.
- Inside the museum, you’ll find a large permanent collection of ancient Greek art, everyday objects, and fascinating sculptures. You can explore the museum at your own pace but a licensed guide can accompany you to make sure you get the most out of your visit.
- A professional storyteller, the guide will introduce you and your family to the fascinating myths and legends of ancient Athens. There is a story just waiting to be told behind each of the museum’s famous pieces, and the past will come to life with the help of your guide’s colorful narration.
- Personal expenses
- Entrance tickets to the Acropolis & Acropolis Museum
Free time in Plaka: lunch**/shopping/strolling around in Plaka
Pick-up and drop-off at the port
On the way back to the port and time allowing, your driver will pass by the majestic Temple of Zeus, the marble Panathenaic Stadium, the imposing Trilogy of Democracy, and the grand Syntagma Square. However, please note that this is not a guided tour as no tour guide will be available.
*On demand: you can replace the Acropolis Museum with Ancient Agora
Duration: 5-6 hours including time for transportation
For more information please contact us.
Families should know
- Pick up and drop off to the port is included.
- If your kids are Percy Jackson fans, we can arrange a Percy Jackson Tour while in Acropolis and Acropolis Museum
- The tours and the duration can be fully customized according to your availability, needs and interests.
- We can recommend a suitable place for lunch and make the reservation for you.
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!