A Taste of Chania: Walking Food Tour
Chania is a buzzing city, the old capital of Crete and one of its most historical areas. It’s packed to the brim with cultural attractions, ancient sites and historical landmarks, all loved by travelers from around the world. But did you know that it’s also a foodie hotspot? Enjoy A Taste of Chania with the whole family, heading out on a Walking Food Tour around the city and discovering its tasty secrets.
Your tour takes place on the streets of Chania alongside a guide. While you wander down the narrow cobblestone alleys and past the famous landmarks, you’ll be able to stop and taste the famous traditional bougatsa, and coffee. It’s the perfect way to make the most of your time in the city!
Next, a local herbal expert will introduce you to the different local herb varieties. The herbs are known for their healing and soothing properties. Get ready to explore a traditional “kaltsounadiko” that produces this Cretan small pie filled with cheese or greens, baked in the oven or fried. Now it’s time to try the Creatn cheeses, produced in a small shop in the traditional way!
Next, it’s off to the Old port of Chania, while on a break from food. This is a beautiful area with perfectly preserved historical architecture.
To complete your culinary experience, try “Sfakiani” pie and “Dakos” salad. Finally, your tour cannot end without trying “gyros“, beer, and the famous “loukoumades” sweet and ice cream!
At Chania we also offer an amazing family walking tour.
Families should know
- This is a 2 and a half hours walking tour at a gentle pace all the family can enjoy
- The walking food tour can take place in the morning (9 am – 11:30 am) or in the afternoon (12:00 pm – 14:30 pm)
- You will be accompanied by a knowledgeable and passionate guide who is experienced in keeping kids engaged
- We would advise you to wear comfortable shoes, hats and sun lotion
- Private transfer to the meeting point can be arranged upon request and at an extra cost
- Food from the tour is enough to replace lunch
- Kindly inform us of any special dietary requirements or allergies
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!