Greek Breakfast under the Acropolis
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Wouldn’t be just lovely to be able to enjoy a family Greek breakfast under the shade of the Acropolis and the Parthenon? ‘Greek Breakfast under the Acropolis’ is the perfect way to start your day while visiting the city of Athens with your family!
Your food expert will escort you to a cosy, traditional deli shop close to the Acropolis. Your Greek breakfast family experience will begin with a cup of traditional Greek coffee prepared in ember (hovoli) and accompanied by a sweet Greek delight (loukoumi). While you are enjoying your coffee, your kids could enjoy a freshly squeezed orange juice made of juicy oranges cultivated in the island of Ikaria. Your culinary trip will continue with a variety of savory cold cuts including different types of delicious Greek cheese, freshly baked bread, Greek butter and traditional fruit jam. And this is just the beginning…!
It’s now time to prepare your delicate palates to savor a secret traditional recipe of fresh scrambled eggs with Greek cherry tomatoes and goat cheese. How yummy does this sound? A bowl of Greek yogurt with honey will complete your ‘Greek Breakfast under the Acropolis’ culinary trip and will fill you up with all the energy you will need so as to continue your family exploration around Athens!
The Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum will be you next stops. A fun and knowledgeable licensed tour guide who specializes in family tours, will be your host throughout this family journey back in time, in the glorious era of ancient Greece. You and your kids will be given the opportunity to learn all the fascinating myths and historical evidences related to the world famous monument of the Parthenon. You will then gain a good grasp of all the customs and real life in ancient Greece, while admiring at the magnificent collections of archaeological findings in the new Acropolis Museum.
The ‘Greek Breakfast under the Acropolis’ family tour just has it all; an original taste of the gastronomic wealth of Greece, a visit to some marvelous archaeological monuments, a wide variety of fascinating historical information and myths and last but definitely not least many unforgettable happy moments with the family!
Families should know
- ‘Greek Breakfast under the Acropolis’ is a combined family activity that includes a delicious traditional Greek breakfast followed by a visit to the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum
- It is offered on a private basis
- Its duration is 5 hours
- During breakfast you will be accompanied by an English speaking local food expert
- Your food expert will either pick you up from your hotel or meet you at the Acropolis Metro station at a preagreed time
- During your visit to the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum you will be accompanied by a licensed, English speaking tour guide. The guide is very knowledgeable and has a long experience when it comes to family guided tours
- Specially designed for travelers using Airbnb for their accommodation in Athens
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!