Sunset tour in Meteora
Those who have experienced the sunset Meteora tour describe it as “magical”, ideal for “photo-graph enthusiastics”, an “unforgettable” life experience for families and “top-notch organization” … we should admit that we can not agree more with all those comments.
During the Sunset tour in Meteora you will visit:
- The Monastery of St. Stephen
- The Byzantine church dedicated to Assumption of Virgin Mary, the most ancient monument of our region. In its walls your family can witness the 2,700 years of history!
- The renovated 1,000 years old Hermitages of Badova built inside caves
Do not forget to have your camera with you as during the Sunset Meteora tour the bus driver will make stops so that your family can take the most perfect sunset photos ever… we guarantee that your family and friends back home will be impressed! Let alone the children’s teachers and school mates!
All tour guides and bus drivers are super friendly, unbelievably knowledgeable about the history, traditions and culture of the region. They are all experts when it comes to avoiding all tourist traps since most of them are locally born and raised.
We can not think of a better way to challenge all senses!
Other relevant tours in Meteora
None of these tours overlap; it is recommended to see Meteora in the early morning (and maybe combine it with an outdoor activity such as hiking) or at sunset when light and shadow transform the area from real to mystical.
Families should know
- The tour lasts 4 hours
- This is a bus tour with short walks
- Stop in spots with panoramic view for photo shooting and learn about the local traditions, myths and history
- Semi-independent tour
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Pick up and drop off from your Hotel in Kalampaka town or Kastraki village
- Transportation by air-conditioned mini bus with free WiFi on board
- Price excludes: entrance fees €3 per person at the monastery, and €2 per person at the Byzantine church of Virgin Mary
- Wear closed toed shoes
- The monasteries have a strict dress code; men should wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts trousers and shirts will be provided
- The Monastery of St. Stephen is closed every Monday. That specific day the tour includes visit to a different monastery
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!