Walking Food Tour of Mykonos Town | Private 3 hour Tour
On the Walking Food Tour of Mykonos Town, you’ll get the chance to taste the authentic flavors of the island. Explore the stunning streets of Mykonos Town with our licensed tour guide, a food-loving local, making stops at some of the island’s most beloved and traditional culinary hotspots.
On this tour, we’ll visit:
- A Local Pastry Shop – Here, we’ll have the chance to try a quintessential Mykonian sweet: amygdalota. A favorite of the locals, this delicious cookie is made out of almonds and infused with fragrant rose water.
- A Traditional Bakery – Famous on the island, this bakery has been running for hundreds of years. We’ll get to taste some local pies, including cheese pies, spinach pies, and onion pies – all of them a popular daily snack throughout Greece.
- A “Souvlaki’ Store – No trip to Greece is complete without a delicious souvlaki, or ’gyros.’ Traditionally eaten with meat, potatoes, tomatoes, lettuce, onion, and sauce, this classic street food is served wrapped in thick and fluffy pita bread.
- A Local Sweet Shop – Our last stop on the tour is for those with a sweet tooth, a chance to taste homemade “galaktoboureko” – a sweet custard-based dessert, and “loukoumades” – traditional fried doughnuts with honey and cinnamon.
While exploring and tasting Mykonos, your family will also learn more about the rich history and culture of this beautiful Greek island!
Families should know
- The food tour can be adjusted to your personal preferences/ dietary restrictions upon request
- The duration of the tour is 3 hours
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!
No comments yet!