Easy, quick and light, spinach rice with its lemony delicate taste satisfies our palate.
It fortifies our body by adding vitamins A, B, C, fiber, iron, manganese, calcium and folic acid.
Its sweet taste, with onion and olive oil, complements the rice, creating a dish that few can resist.
Suitable both in summer and winter to break the routine of rich, hearty meals.
- 350 g peeled spinach peeled spinach (12.3 oz)
- 150 g carolina rice (5.2 oz)
- 450 ml hot water (15.2 fl oz)
- Wash well (at least 3 times) and clean the spinach, removing the thick stems, drain and chop it coarsely.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, heat ½ cup olive oil and sauté the onion in it.
- Add as much spinach as you can fit, close the lid and let it sit for 1-2 minutes to wilt and “sit”.
- Add the rest of the spinach, cover again with the lid for another 1-2 minutes.
- Open the lid, add the rice, 1 – 2 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper.
- Gradually add hot water until the rice is cooked and cover the pot, leaving a crack for the steam to escape.
- When the rice boils after about 15 minutes, add the lemon, test to see if it needs salt or lemon, if it does add more and take it off the heat.
- Serve immediately with fresh bread.
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!