Travel to Athens, Greece for Thanksgiving 
5 reasons why you should travel with your family during Thanksgiving?
Every year, Thanksgiving is celebrated by Americans around the family table on the 4th Thursday in November. How about adding new memories this year and taking a family trip abroad? See below for 5 reasons why you should travel with your family during Thanksgiving!
- You will have the chance to spend quality family time with your loved ones, away from distractions
- You will visit new destinations, explore new cultures, customs, and traditions
- You will create lasting memories that your family can cherish for years
- You will change scenery and break the routine
- You will try new foods and flavors in different destinations, a delightful adventure for the whole family
Why travel to Athens during Thanksgiving?
Although Thanksgiving is not celebrated in Greece, Athens can be a fabulous off-season destination and the perfect Thanksgiving escape for your family this (and every) autumn! Here’s why:
- The weather is mild and pleasant during November in Greece
- Traveling during Thanksgiving means fewer crowds at popular tourist sites
- Athens is considered the cradle of Western civilization. The city is steeped in history, with iconic landmarks such as the Acropolis, the ancient Agora, and the temple of Hephaestus. You will explore them in fresher weather and with more tranquility & ease
- You can find restaurants and venues that offer special Thanksgiving dinners with a Greek twist
What to do in Athens during Thanksgiving?
- Visit the Acropolis in more tolerable temperatures and minus the summer crowds
- Head to the charming neighborhoods of Plaka and Monastiraki for lunch & shopping
- Spend your afternoon at the National Archaeological Museum and explore its extensive collection of ancient artifacts
- Have fun swimming & playing in one of the city’s indoor heated swimming pools
Special Thanksgiving Event: Community Service organized by Kids Love Greece and Love Van
Are you considering traveling to Athens, Greece this Thanksgiving? Join Us for a Heartwarming Thanksgiving Celebration!
This Thanksgiving, we’re coming together with the Love Van in Athens once again. In these challenging times, we’re more determined than ever to give back to our community and embrace the genuine spirit of Thanksgiving.
If you reside in Athens or plan to spend Thanksgiving in Athens, we extend a warm invitation to you and your children to join us in a delightful and meaningful activity: cooking and delivering food to individuals who are experiencing hardship (homeless). Together, we have the power to create a real and lasting impact.
Let’s unite for a Thanksgiving filled with compassion and community spirit. We can’t wait to share this heartwarming experience with you. RSVP by contacting us today and be a part of something truly special!
To read more about our community engagement and partnership with Love Van, read our article on Making a Difference in the Community with Love Van.
Sample itineraries for Thanksgiving in Greece
Below are just sample ideas of possible itineraries. We can plan & fully customize your individual itinerary based on your family’s needs & wishes!
- Athens only for 3-4 nights
- Athens & Nafplio OR Santorini (3-4 nights in Athens, 2-3 nights in Nafplio or Santorini)
- Athens & Crete (Chania) (3-4 nights in Athens, 3-4 nights in Chania, Crete)
Contact one of our travel specialists today to START planning your ultimate trip to Greece this Thanksgiving!
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!