What is included
- Dinghy, outboard and snorkeling equipment
- English speaking certified skipper
- Breakfast, dinner, light lunch
Discover the Journey day by day
First Day: Ancient site of Diktynna and Balos lagoon
During the first day, there will be opportunities to go snorkeling, visit the ancient site of Diktynna, and indulge in some great food. The final destination for the first day is Balos, one of the most scenic bays in the world.
Second Day: Balos lagoon
Waking up the next morning to see the bay in all its glory is an experience you will always remember. Ease into the day with breakfast, before taking an excursion ashore. Stroll through the stunning Balos lagoon area, visit the cavern, and enjoy the sight of Agios Georgios. The area has caves and other places for the kids to explore, and of course a great beach area. This is a perfect day to spend soaking up the sun and playing in the warm waters.
Third Day: Gramvousa
On the third day, the boat sets sail to Gramvousa, otherwise known as the Pirate Island. The skipper will recount many tales along the way, and on arrival, you can hike up to the Venetian castle itself. Take as many photos as you can, before boarding the boat once more, and sailing back to Chania.
Highlights for Parents
- A unique family sailing trip that everyone will enjoy
- The perfect mix of sun, sea, sand, culture and fun
- An opportunity to introduce their children to life aboard a boat
Highlights for Kids
- Lots of time to swim and play in the water
- See how a boat is steered, and ask the skipper if you can try!
- Find out about the pirate history of the area