What is included
Family-friendly licenced tour guides
Discover the Journey day by day
Guided activities during the day
After meeting you at either the port or the airport, our expert local guide will drive the family out to the Palace of Knossos. Once there, they will show you around the Palace, and explain the connection with Greek mythology. The kids will love hearing of the Minotaur, and imagining how being lost in the Labyrinth must have felt!
The next stop of the day, is at the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion. The museum will be brought to life by our guide, who will be able to explain the exhibits in a way that keeps the kids entertained throughout. One particularly interesting artefact, is the 4000 year old Phaistos Disc. How is it possible that this mysterious object has not been deciphered in all these years? Will your kids be able to solve the mystery, and reveal its meaning?
Once the visit to the museum is over, our guide will accompany you during an exploration of the city of Heraklion. Their local knowledge means that you will find the best places to try local snacks, get great views, and see the main highlights of the city. The Venetian Walls, Koules Fortress, markets, churches, and more can all be visited in the afternoon. This is completely at your own pace. So, if people are feeling a little tired on the day, our guide will be more than happy to adapt the schedule to your needs. It’s your tour, after all!
Highlights for Parents
- See all the main attractions of Heraklion with an expert, local guide
- No need to worry how to get from A to B – It’s all taken care of!
- The fun way in which the kids are introduced to Greek Mythology and history
Highlights for Kids
- The chance to decipher the The Phaistos Disc, and solve a mystery that has puzzled historians for decades!
- Hear about the Minotaur, and see for themselves where this fearsome creature may have lived!