Greek Mythology Walk | A Private 2.5 hour Tour in Naxos Town
There’s no greater place to experience the magic of Greek mythology coming to life than the island of Naxos. Stories of Ancient Greece will be woven through your family tour by our talented guides, who will spin the yarns on these timeless tales while you are immersed in the historical landmarks.
Adventure underway, the first stop will be the remains of the ancient temple of Apollo (Portara) and the lovely pebbly beach of Grotta. Myths and ancient tales will be explored by our guide, with the birth of Dionysus, his marriage to Ariadne, and the birth of Aphrodite being brought to life, especially for your family.
Next stop is the museum that houses part of a Mycenaean settlement, sure to be an intriguing journey into history for all the family. After the museum visit follows a relaxing jaunt through the picturesque alleys of the Venetian Castle District, where we will stop off for a tasty snack in a cozy cafe.
The final stop is the Sphinx statue at the Naxos Town Hall, which will undoubtedly be a memorable end to the day.
Families should know
- You can start anytime you prefer. We always suggest families to start their walking tours either early in the morning or early in the afternoon to avoid the high temperatures of the midday
- This mythology tour includes specially designed (hands-on) activities for your children
- The Mycenaean settlement museum is closed on Tuesdays
- It is recommended that you bring a water bottle and wear comfortable shoes
- Private guided services is included
- Transfer to the meeting point and admission tickets are not included
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!