Playing with Greek Gods, Fairies and Titans
The fascinating stories of the 12 Olympians is a fascinating subject for kids of all ages. Athena, patron of the city of Athens, is one of kids’ favorite goddesses. Even the story of her birth is simply enthralling. Did you know that Athena sprang full grown and clad in armor from Zeus’ forehead? She also carried a shield and a spear!
Besides being a great warrior, Athena’s personality was impressively multiple. She was the Goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, strategic warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill. One of her symbols is the owl which then became the symbol of wisdom.
The Nymphs were ancient Greek nature spirits; today we know them as fairies. Their home was one of the hills of Athens, the Hill of the Nymphs, right at the heart of the city! Their best friend was the God Pan who accompanied them with the beautiful music he made with his flute! The Nymphs’ magical power was the ability to transform into trees!
An experienced theatrical educator facilitates this interactive workshop which will urge your kids to learn through play. We will set on a path to discover the transformed Nymphs by following Pan’s music. On our way, we will learn about Goddess Athena and her beautiful stories that the kids will love!
Through various theatrical game techniques, innovative activities and a lot of laughter, your kids will discover the fascinating world of Greek Mythology and feel closer to nature!
Your kids will be totally thrilled when listening to the story of Titanomachy, the great fight between the mighty Titans and the Olympian Gods. They will also learn about the contest for Athens between Athena and Poseidon and look for the holy tree of Athena in the Gardens. Kids will definitely be amused by the role-play game related to Athena’s mythical birth and will be challenged when called to create their own piece of art made of clay!
The Myths of Goddess Athena and the Nymphs workshop is specially tailored for kids between 6-12 years old. Parents, however, also find it really enjoyable.
Families should know
- The workshop is available on a daily basis from April to October
- It takes place inside the National Gardens of Athens, literally an oasis at the heart of the city centre
- It is available in English and its duration is 2 hours.
- It is highly recommended for kids between 6-12 years old
- It is run by an English speaking professional educator
- Materials for all games and activities are being provided
- Minimum number of participants: 2 kids
Kids will love
- Listening to the exciting story of the Titanomachy
- Participating in the re-enactment of Athena’s mythical birth
- Creating their very own piece of art made of clay
Parents will love
- Offering their kids the opportunity to learn through play
- Being inspired by Athena’s figure and character
- Spending quality time with their kids
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!