Plato’s Time Travel: An Immersive Family Philosophy Workshop in Athens | A 1.5-hours Activity
Step back in time and immerse yourself in the intellectual and philosophical world of ancient Greece with our unique Athenian Golden Age experience for families. Discover what it was like to be an ancient Greek philosopher!
This unique journey offers you and your family the opportunity to not only gain personal awareness but also to engage for a day in philosophical discussions with individuals from diverse backgrounds, ages, and cultures. Embrace the maieutic (midwife) art of Socrates, brought to life through Plato’s dialogues.
Our teen-friendly small-group workshop, led by a knowledgeable facilitator with a background in Classical Studies, invites you to be a Plato’s student for a day. Through interactive dialogues and debates, you’ll apply Plato’s philosophy to modern life, and explore the famous concept of Plato’s “Allegory of the Cave.”
During this enlightening family-friendly tour, you’ll have the chance to visit the historic location that once hosted the world’s first Academy, and the Plato’s Academy Digital Museum, offering insights into the rich history and teachings of ancient Greek philosophers.
This experience is suitable for both adults and teenagers over the age of 15. In less than 2 hours you’ll not only gain a deeper understanding of ancient Greek philosophy but also develop your critical thinking skills.
Families should know
- You will be accompanied by a family-friendly facilitator
- The activity takes place daily except Monday.
- Plato’s Digital Museum working schedule changes constantly, so the schedule might have to be adjusted.
- As this workshop takes place at a Historical site, involving Heritage and Cultural aspects, all participants are required to respect ethics, laws, and respectful conduct etiquette (soberness, cleanliness, photo/video shooting, dress code, loudness, etc) and be respectful and polite during the entire session.
- The transfer to/from the meeting point is not included.
- The activity can be arranged on a private basis as well upon request. We highly recommend you take this activity on a small group.
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!