Beware: Dinosaurs found in Gournes, near Heraklion in Crete!
Dinosauria is an interactive theme park devoted to dinosaurs, a place where kids and adults learn everything about dinosaurs, many of which are reaching up to their real-life physical sizes. Dinosaurs move, roar, growl and even ‘give birth’ in an environment identical to the Mesozic era.
The staff is really helpful, friendly and unbelievably proactive in showing kids around and explaining all cool facts about dinosaurs.
Inside the Dinosauria park, there is a little snack bar serving slushies, ice creams, snacks and coffees as well as a shaded playground with a variety of large climbing frames, swings & slides.
There is also another café, as you come to the end of the park, with outside and inside seating serving cold and hot food and snacks. The dinosaur gift shop has a variety of high-quality toys and games suitable for kids of all ages, at surprisingly affordable prices.
Dinosauria is very close to Creta Aquarium, a MUST-SEE attraction for the whole family. So to maximize the fun, visit them both on the same day.
Also, if you get hungry, do not forget that Krites is just around the corner.
Families should know
- There is a 5D cinema but there is an additional charge. Kids love it but parents might find it ‘too cheesy’
- The park will definitely excite kids under 10 years old, however, parents or older kids might find it less exciting
- The entrance fee is not low, however, ask for the promotion in case you would like to visit the park multiple times
- You can visit the main cafeteria and snack bar at the end of the Dinosauria park without having to pay the entrance fee. Your kids will enjoy the large playground while you sip your juice or enjoy your coffee, however, you will definitely miss out the fun of the fossil museum as well as the Dinosaur garden
- If you visit the park during summer months, be sure to wear hats and glasses and have lots of water with you
Best season to visit