This recently refurbished multipurpose eatery located in the heart of the city is truly an oasis for both children and grown-ups. It includes Aegli Cafe, an all day café-restaurant, a Greek restaurant, Aegli Garden summer bar and a summer cinema (Cine Aegli).
The restaurant does not have a children’s menu, however there are lots of choices that your children will enjoy. Sunday is a great day to visit as you can make use of the coffee shop, which has a more casual ambience than the restaurant. The buffet at the coffee shop is open from 12:00 to 17:00 and has a great variety of salads, pasta and cooked food with an average charge of 18€ per person – you can refill as many times as you like and there is a pleasant sweet surprise at the end.
In addition, whilst you enjoy your food, your children can join in with Aegli Happy Land – a creative children’s workshop. Entrance is free and the specially trained staff will keep your kids busy with handicrafts, storytelling, face painting and balloons…
Aegli Garden Summer bar is a pleasing place to escape and enjoy a drink from morning to night and the summer cinema is an added bonus. If you are a four person family, you can make use of the Family Night Out offer, where the 4th ticket is free.
During the festive period e.g. Christmas, there is a themed playground with free entry. Snowy houses and impressive structures such as the knights’ castle and bouncy castles will enchant both you and your children.
- Restaurant - Cafeteria - Bar
Families should know
- Although there is parking available, it’s best to use public transport especially during peak hours and weekends as the car park fills up quickly at these times
- The outdoor playground is close to the cafeteria and restaurant but not close enough to be able to sit there and watch your kids while they are playing
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece
Kids will love
- The face painting and story telling every Sunday at Aegli Happy Land
- The huge space where children can run and play
- Chocolate ice-cream
Parents will love
- Aegli’s green veranda overlooking Lycabettus
- The coffee and the ekmek ice-cream
- Aegli Garden summer bar
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!